It’s Beginning to Look a Lot like Christmas!

Although I love love love love Christmas, it’s definitely harder as an adult to muster up the same excitement I did as a child.

But the holidays as an adult are more fun, anyway.

201212092230 Its Beginning to Look a Lot like Christmas!

[photo via Ashley]

Ashley and her husband hosted their Tacky Sweater Christmas party last night, and I had so much fun catching up with some of my favorite running buddies, some girl who I spent all weekend with and Bo and Ashley’s friends.

Mistletoe is meant for eating, right?

This afternoon, I went over to my college roomie Jen’s apartment to catch up and see her tree.

photo 23 Its Beginning to Look a Lot like Christmas!

So pretty!

Jen and I would always drive back to D.C. together after Thanksgiving and blast Christmas music the entire time. Since I moved to NYC a few years ago, our new tradition became to watch Elf together for the first time that Christmas season…so we did that this afternoon.

201212092250 Its Beginning to Look a Lot like Christmas!

Okay, it feels like Christmas time now.

What are your favorite holiday traditions???

SHARE THIS POST:facebook Its Beginning to Look a Lot like Christmas!twitter Its Beginning to Look a Lot like Christmas!pinterest Its Beginning to Look a Lot like Christmas!googleplus Its Beginning to Look a Lot like Christmas!

17 comments on “It’s Beginning to Look a Lot like Christmas!

1. michelle

I find myself watching cheesy Christmas movies on tv all the time and sipping hot chocolate. My husband and I also do a lot of Christmas baking together and that is a lot of fun. One thing we did last year instead of gifts was 12 Dates of Christmas and it was so much fun being creative and thinking of 12 fun dates together.
    michelle recently posted..Colorado Marathon Training: Week 1

2. Sara @ The Foodie Diaries

My favorite holiday traditions are having Christmas Eve dinner at our house with all of my cousins and listening to the music play, and then celebrating Christmas morning with my sister jumping on me waking me up and then us running to the dining room to open our presents :) I can’t wait to be home for the holidays!
    Sara @ The Foodie Diaries recently posted..The Weekend Roundup

3. Gianna

I love Elf! I could watch it every day!

It is feeling very un-Christmas like in my apartment. Between being super busy with work and marathon training, I just haven’t found the energy to spruce it up and put out my Christmas decorations. Coupled with I will be going to Florida for the holidays and I am REALLY unmotivated. I think I need to get on that stat.

However – there is an overabundance of Christmas music being played so I suppose I am getting there!
    Gianna recently posted..Tis the Season to PR: Jingle Bell Jog Recap

4. Meghan

I love watching It’s a Wonderful Life and Christmas Eve at my uncle’s. We’ve been having it there for as long as I can remember, and it’s always my favorite night of the year.

5. Laura

I was just talking this week about how I’d like to start some new holiday traditions. One that I thought would be fun was spending Christmas afternoon and evening playing board games and drinking cocoa with my family. Despite not having a fireplace (because, you know, I live in a NYC apartment), I thought that would be cozy and fun!
    Laura recently posted..Race Report: Madhattan 32 Miler

6. Amy @ Extracurricular Activities

Love Elf! I actually included that same “Santa, I know him!” meme on my blog the other day. Too funny. And I saw that Tina referenced the quote on Carrots n’ Cake this morning. Clearly it is an important quote. For me, Love Actually gets me most in the holiday spirit though. Elf is a close second. And The Holiday. Too many to choose from. Holiday parties definitely get me in the spirit too. And cold weather, which finally hit Houston this week after temps in the 70s/80s. Muuuch better now. I can’t wait to have a family of my own and come up with traditions for us to take on. Kind of a tall order, but I feel like I’m creative enough to come up with a least a few good ones.
    Amy @ Extracurricular Activities recently posted..Overnight Oats & Book Club

7. Ada

I’ve been a Christmas procrastinator this year. No decorations, no nothing. I’m hoping I catch some Christmas spirit real soon. My holiday traditions include watching Love Actually, The Holiday, and Elf and making peanut butter balls. :)