Motivated by the Eat In [More] Month challenge, I made a tasty dinner tonight. I spent awhile this afternoon looking at recipes, and was going to try Liz’s Butternut Squash Risotto since I had both chicken sausage and butternut squash on hand, until I realized I didn’t have a few of the ingredients and I should probably cook what I had first.
My mom sent me back with some scallops last week, and I wanted to use them up. I knew I also wanted to use the butternut squash. Since I was craving the risotto, I figured I’d go for something else carb-based. And so…
Butternut Squash and Scallop Garlic Whole Wheat Pasta was born.
- Butternut squash
- Baby spinach
- Olive oil
- Whole wheat spaghetti
- White wine
- Cover bottom of pan with a thin layer of olive oil.
- Add garlic and 1/2 tsp butter.
- Add scallops, sauteeing until most of the liquid disappears (so not the right word, but you know what I mean, right?)(if you do know the right word for this, please let me know.)
- Once the scallops start to brown, add in a big splash of wine…to your glass.
- Then add a big splash of wine to the scallops, too.
- Sautee until glazed.
- Set scallops aside, reserving liquid.Â
- Add a little extra garlic and olive oil and add in vegetables, sauteeing until slightly glazed.
- Mix in with the pasta.
You know, I started blogging because I love writing, but I’m really starting to love the photography aspect, too. I got my D-SLRÂ right after I moved to the city almost two and a half years ago, but I’ve only started really learning about it lately, thanks to all my blogger buddies. I took a photography class at NYU one summer in college, and I think I’ve learned more playing and reading about photography on blogs than I did in that class.
I have a splitting headache, so I’m hopping in bed early. I think it’s from all the crap I ate yesterday. If you’re sitting there trying to decide what to eat, and if you should push your resolutions off another day, DON’T. It’s not worth waiting another day.