I received an email last night from a fellow tumblr which warmed my heart, but it hadÂ a little sentence in it I wanted to post about, â€œCongrats on losing as much weight as you have, you make it look easy.â€
I wanted to take a quick second to let her know (and you, if you think that), that itâ€™s not easy. Not easy at all. Itâ€™s actually incredibly hard and everyday I wake up and put a lot of effort into eating right and fighting the urge to just sit on the couch and drink my sorrows away. Â
Iâ€™m approaching the 30 pound mark soon (thatâ€™s right! I saw 162 on the scale this morning!) so I thought Iâ€™dÂ pass on the things Iâ€™ve learnt thus farâ€¦
- You have to exercise more than you think.
- A half-hour walk doesnâ€™t equal a brownie.
- You have time to exercise.
- Eating more of something wonâ€™t help you lose weight.
- Your body is working against you.
- LifeÂ is also working against you.
- You are the only person who can lose the weight.
- Itâ€™s really hard, every day you have to put effort in. Every day.
- This is not a diet; this is your life.
Iâ€™m by no means an expert and still have a long way to go (~40 pounds), but once I realized the above list, committing to my myselfÂ became a lot easier.
Reblogged from ThePinkCookie cause she’s awesome. And this is all so true. More to come on this this weekend/soon.