By Mark Bittman (will this man STOP being amazing for 5 seconds?)
Mark assumes youâ€™ve stocked your pantry with easy basics like spices, good cooking oils and vinegars, long-keeping carbs like pasta, rice and udon noodles, as well as soy sauce, garlic, lemon, butter and Parmesan cheese. With these staples, you can just pick up a few fresh ingredients every now and then, and â€œcook for days at a time,â€ Mark says.
Hereâ€™s a 10-ingredient shopping list that will give you five days of meals.
- Chicken breasts (4 boneless)
- Bacon (1/2 pound) – Iâ€™d switch to turkey bacon.
- Shrimp (1 pound)
- Spinach (1 pound)
- Tomatoes (6)
- Asparagus (2 pounds)
- Button mushrooms (1 pound)
- Loaf of good country bread – Make sure itâ€™s whole wheat!
Sound impossible? The ingredients can be easily combined, using oils, herbs and spices, to create the following five meals:
- Stir-Fried Chicken With Asparagus
- B.S.T. (Bacon, Spinach, Tomato) Sandwiches
- Grilled Chicken and Shrimp Kebabs With Vegetables
- Shrimp With Asparagus and Udon Noodles
- Pasta With Bacon, Spinach and Breadcrumbs
Click the link to get the recipes!
I love everything Mark Bittman does.Â This is no exception.
Reblogged cause I think y’all will enjoy this. And because I’m on a business trip schmoozing all day with legal/technology people and my brain is fried.Â