Tiffany’s Pecan Goat CheeseÂ Salad
- 1 1/2 cup pecans (I get those round plastic containers you can get at natural foods stores… I get them raw and them toast them)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- drizzle of honey
- vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 packages mixed greens
- 1 box of cherry tomatoes
- 1 box goat cheese crumbles
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar (optional depending on how sweet your balsamic is… I think adding a bit gives it a nice sweetness)
- 3/4 cup oilve oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Toss the pecans with a dash of vegtable oil then place them on a cookie sheet on a single layer. Spinkle the brown sugar over the pecans and then drizzle with honey. Toast in the oven till fragrant, about 10-15 mins. Halfway through shake the pan around so the pecans don’t stick. Make sure they don’t overcook. Once they are done, take them out of the oven and let them cool.
Take the cherry tomatoes and cut each one in half. Combine the greens, cherry tomatoes, and dried cranberries.
Combine the vinegar, salt, pepper, garlic and brown sugar. Mix well then slowly add in the olive oil, whisking it in. You can also use aÂ saladÂ shaker to do this.Â
Add the cooled pecans and the dressing to theÂ salad….mix well… sprinkle in the goat cheese, folding it in.Â
Can serve with grilled chicken or salmon.
[I am allergic to nuts, but I just push the pecans aside and the salad is still amazing! It is totally the rave of our PR committee meetings!]