Tomorrow, I return to NJ so that I can fly out of Newark Thursday morning with my parents to Disney World for my half-marathon.
Here’s what I’m taking (running-related), and here are some things you might want to remember if you’re traveling out of town for a race.
- Sneakers (most important, obviously)
- Running pants
- Shorts (just in case it miraculously warms up)
- Singlet (I’m actually going to buy a Disney shirt there to wear, and I have letters to iron my name on the back!)
- Sweatshirt (to wear before the start)
- Sports bra
- Big comfy sweats for relaxing in back at the room after the race
- Running watch
- Running belt
- Inhaler (I usually carry this at long races just in case, despite the fact my asthma hasn’t bothered me since I dropped the extra weight that was straining my lungs!)
- Gels/energy jelly beans
- Advil (Lindsay suggested taking one before I start the race and two halfway through)
- A small bag for any stuff I want to stow at the start line
- Luna bars
- A camera!
If you’re checking a bag, don’t forget to keep your sneaks with you. Losing your sneaks before a race…well, that would just be bad.