I’m going through a rough time right now.
I think it would be really easy to slack off on my devotion to healthy eating and fitness, but:
- I’ve come too far.
- This is a great opportunity for me to take even better care of my body.
While the nutrition guidelines I followed to lose weight seemed somewhat restrictive at the time (they’re basically Paleo), they worked and I felt amazing. Digestive issues were almost non-existent, and I had so much energy.
These days, I still try to keep these guidelines in mind, but in reality, my eating’s been more laissez-faire as of late. Really, I eat basically what I want and just try to balance unhealthy meals out with healthy meals and workouts.
Well, I feel bloated and my stomach has been upset a lot lately, so that’s not working.
I’ve decided to use this extra time to recommit to my health and experiment a little bit.
My summer health (and this includes mental health) goals:
- pick and begin marathon training schedule by July 1. (Also considering training with a group. Does anyone know anything about non-fundraising marathon training groups?)
- Get back to Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday or Sunday running schedule.
- Mondays and Wednesdays will be strength. I’m not sure what this will look like yet, because I’m still figuring out my gym situation.
- Add some ab work in (maybe a la Angela @ Oh She Glows Whittle My Middle) to both tone my abs and reduce lower back pain
- Fridays (and really any other time I can fit it in, too) will be for yoga.
- The weekend day I don’t run will be for a rest day.
- Cut way back on wheat and dairy. (Caveat: once I finish the wheat products currently in my kitchen)
- But experiment with re-adding salads (which sometimes bother my stomach) and Greek yogurt (which I miss like crazy and didn’t used to bother my stomach–so long as I didn’t eat it before running)
- Take my vitamins.
- Stick to a somewhat normal sleep schedule.
- Make the best of this time I’m not working and try to enjoy at as much as I can. After all, it is summer.
That’s all. 😉 I’m bad at following up when I create “official” challenges for myself, so these are just things I’m going to keep in mind. I’ll check back in on July 1, August 1 and September 1, formally, though, and will likely be discussing the above goals throughout the summer.
Do you have any summer health goals?