Like I said a few weeks ago, I’ve gained a few pounds.
So I joined the FitFluential DietBet. (I don’t get anything for sharing that link with you other than perhaps a bit more of the pot if you join, too, just like everyone else.)
For those of you unfamiliar with DietBet, you put (in this case) your money where your mouth is and bet $25 you can lose 4% of your body weight.
Crap. Hello putting my weight on the Internet.
For me, that works out to about 6 pounds in a month, which I think is totally doable and will put me right around my good normal weight.
This also gives me a good way to track my results of my Uplift partnership. (I’m going to take measurements too, just as soon as I find my measuring tape…)
I believe being really accountable for my weight and my food helped me lose all the weight (ALL THE WEIGHT) the first time around, so I’m going to go for accountable again to lose these few pounds I’d like to drop before summer…and to fit into my pants better and feel better about my appearance and more comfortable in my body. While I know I put on the weight from lots of fun over the past few months, that still doesn’t make me feel any less squishy.
Lately, the line between moderation and indulgence has been a hard one for me to toe, so I’m setting some ground rules for myself.
- Less dairy. This upsets my stomach anyway, so I need to cut this out.
- No sugary cocktails. I’m usually pretty good with this, but I’ve brought vacation mindset back from my past few trips and have had a few more sugary cocktails than I usually do.
- Less processed food. Obviously.
- Less wine. This is one of my biggest downfalls. I really like wine.
- Less wheat. I will likely never go gluten-free, but I could definitely stand to eat less wheat/wheat products and eat more grains.
Have you ever tried DietBet? What do you either limit or add back in to your diet when you have just a few pounds to lose?