Next week, I’ll be more runner than preppy, but for now, I need to tell you about Lilly for Target.
I was lucky enough to get to go to the press/VIP night at the pop-up in Bryant Park, and I pretty much died of happiness.
I’ve gotten a bunch of questions on Instagram, and I have read entirely too much about this collaboration, so here’s what you need to know if you’re going to shop Sunday.
1. Read the lookbook. Familiarize yourself with the pieces you’re interested, so that, whether you’re throwing elbows in a store or trying to shop online, you won’t waste time browsing.
2. If you’re shopping online, create your account on target.com now if you don’t already have one. The collection’s supposed to launch between 1-3am EST, so if you really want to get stuff, that’s when to be online.
3. The quality: this is what a lot of you really wanted to know. At the Target price point, it’s obviously not the same quality as full-price Lilly. But hi, $40 dresses! There are no bra stays (a random feature I really like on Lilly dresses), the zippers feel a bit less sturdy, and the material isn’t quite as thick as the full-price version.
4. And the sizing is the other thing you all wanted to know. Like all Lilly, it’s not the most forgiving if you’re busty. Overall, the sizing is a tiny bit more forgiving, though, than their typical sizing.
5. Be open to stuff like rompers and jumpsuits. Of everything I picked up, those are actually my favorite pieces!
Are you going to shop Lilly for Target? What do you want?