Next week, Iâ€™ll be more runner than preppy, but for now, I needÂ to tell you about Lilly for Target.
I was lucky enough to get to go to the press/VIP night at the pop-up in Bryant Park, and I pretty much died of happiness.
Iâ€™ve gotten a bunch of questions on Instagram, and I have read entirely too much about this collaboration, so hereâ€™s what you need to know if youâ€™re going to shop Sunday.
1. Read the lookbook.Â Familiarize yourself with the pieces youâ€™re interested, so that, whether youâ€™re throwing elbows in a store or trying to shop online, you wonâ€™t waste time browsing.
2. If youâ€™re shopping online, create your account on target.com now if you donâ€™t already have one. The collectionâ€™s supposed to launch between 1-3am EST, so if you reallyÂ want to get stuff, thatâ€™s when to be online.
3. The quality: this is what a lot of you really wanted to know. At the Target price point, itâ€™s obviously not the same quality as full-price Lilly. But hi, $40 dresses! There are no bra stays (a random feature I really like on Lilly dresses), the zippers feel a bit less sturdy, and the material isnâ€™t quite as thick as the full-price version.
4. And the sizing is the other thing you all wanted to know. Like all Lilly, itâ€™s not the most forgiving if youâ€™re busty. Overall, the sizing is a tiny bit more forgiving, though, than their typical sizing.
5. Be open to stuff like rompers and jumpsuits. Of everything I picked up, those are actually my favorite pieces!
Are you going to shop Lilly for Target? What do you want?