This week was another week of super highs and super lows, and I have a lot to say but no focus, so maybe some highs and lows again?
Let’s get the lows out of the way, shall we?
- I had my uncle’s wake and funeral earlier this week. Although, to be perfectly honest, we weren’t particularly close, a loss is still sad. Especially when it affects those you love like my dad, his brother.
- Still waiting to hear something re:my mom’s health. I heard some potentially not-so-good news the other night as I was walking to my therapist. If you’re ever going to hear not-so-awesome news, plan it immediately before a therapy appointment.
Thankfully, there was also lots of good stuff to keep me busy/distract me from the other stuff.
- Ashley and I went to see Kate the Wasp‘s comedy show the other night. Some laughs were DEFINITELY needed.
- The other night, the NYJL hosted a reception for our Outstanding Volunteers and Sustainers. These women work so hard on behalf of our organization, and it’s such a pleasure to celebrate their hard work. I was especially happy and proud my friend Courtney was among the OVs.
- Yesterday, I stopped at the Rebecca Minkoff sample sale after Lacey showed me this beaut. It was the last day of the sale, so I scored it for only $85!! I also scored this little guy for $65. They’re also still doing an online sample sale which doesn’t have as killer deals as the IRL one, but still pretty awesome.
- And then I impulsively booked a trip to Milan for March?! I’ve had some money put away waiting for an opportunity for a vacation, and I spied a great deal on Facebook for flights on Emirates for two to Italy. Word to the wise: I went to book and it looked like it was going to be a little more than advertised, so I searched Kayak and found the same deal on Alitalia. Any Milan tips more than appreciated!
- And this afternoon I went to Sacred Sounds aerial yoga on a Groupon Meg and I had bought. I’ll write more about it soon, but in short: it’s FUN! It’s so hard not to be present in the moment when you’re focusing on not falling out of the silks. I’d been SUPER sore from an Uplift class on Friday, and I did a short run this morning to shake things out pre-yoga. (Yes, THAT SORE that I needed to loosen up before a class that, you know, is supposed to loosen you up.)
- I walked home, and ended up getting new sheets at West Elm. I’ve had gray sheets for awhile but was thinking this morning that I needed something brighter/happier. I spent too much of my morning online shopping for sheets (#thisis32) and was happy to stumble upon a sale in West Elm. Jess from Bows and Sequins’ adorable apartment pics inspired me to make some changes to my own place, even though I think I may move this year when my lease is up.
- Meg introduced me to Pippin, the cutest vintage jewelry store AND THEN! AND THEN! I saw all kinds of Christmas goodness in The Container Store.
- Super random, but I got a Roku stick a few weeks ago, and it’s pretty life-changing. I haven’t had cable in years, and my old AppleTV crapped out over the summer.
tl;dr? Apparently my worry manifests in shopping.
And you? How was your weekend?