This post is sponsored by Bombas. All opinions are my own.
I have a weird relationship with socks.
OK, fine, Iâ€™m not crazy about socks in general. Iâ€™m happiest in sandals or flip-flops, and my socks under boots are typically mismatching. (#adulting?)
But as a runner, socks are super important to me. If youâ€™ve run any sort of long race, you know what I mean.
Try running in socks that donâ€™t have any kind of wicking property, and youâ€™ll be in Blister City, population one. Try wearing socks that are too thick, and the same will happen. The struggle is real for runners, especially ones that live in climates like New York that have both extreme heat/humidity and cold weather.
Iâ€™m pretty sure Iâ€™ve tried every brand of running sock out there. Thereâ€™s a few that I like, but thereâ€™s a new player in town that came onto my radar last year.
Bombas Socks. Their Instagram is @bombassocks, which I read as Bomb Ass Socks the first time I saw it…and which is not inaccurate.
The socks are SOFT (which means theyâ€™re also good hang around the apartment socks when itâ€™s too warm to wear fuzzy socks) and colorful.
Thereâ€™s so much awesome stuff to say about these socks other than that theyâ€™re pretty and comfortable (although thatâ€™s the most important, really):
- Similar to the Toms model, for every pair you buy, one pair is donated. Socks are the number one most-requested item in homeless shelters.
- They spent more than two years on their R&D to make sure they were making the best possible socks, including extensive wear-testing.
- The socks use extra-long staple cotton, which is wicking and warm in the winter and cool in the summer.
- The blister tab in the back is CLUTCH for, well, preventing blisters by coming up high enough to protect the back of your ankles.
- Their Invisitoe technology keeps your toesies from being rubbed and irritated by annoying toe seams.
So, really, they are bomb ass socks.
AND â€” if you use the code PREPPYRUNNER at checkout, you’ll get 20% off your entire purchase â€” which is a pretty sweet deal on their combo packs.
What’s your favorite running sock? What do you look for in a running sock?