It’s nearly 11pm on Monday, and I probably should just go to sleep, but there are a few things I want to share:
- Weeding makes you REALLY SORE. I woke up this morning, and my hamstrings were THROBBING. I was walking so slowly around the city that I wanted to wear a sign saying “Warning: waddling ahead.”
- My training for Reach the Beach/my triathlon has turned into following most of the RTB plan (it has us running 5 days a week, and my legs don’t play that game, so I run 3-4) and then using the other days for cross training. So far that’s included swimming a few times but not biking yet. In fact, Bruiser hasn’t been out yet this spring…which obviously needs to be remedied.
- While I do totally get the morning workout thing, there’s really something to be said for a good workout after work to wind down. Tonight, I swam 900 yards (my tri is 880 yards) and then laid in the sauna. Ahh…
- While the shelves may be sort of picked over, there’s nothing like grocery shopping just before the grocery store is closing and you have the grocery store to yourself.
- Fitness magazine is hooking up its readers with free workouts at a bunch of gyms around the country tomorrow, May 1.
- One of my coworkers signed up to run the NYC Marathon through a charity today, and I am so, so excited for her.
- I’m also so happy for Sweaty Emily, who crushed the hell out of the Eugene Marathon this weekend–3:0-freaking-8. If you haven’t read her recap, you should.
Getting home from the gym and grocery shopping after 10 means deciding if I should have a late dinner or just go to sleep. Well, far be it for me to skip a meal, so I made some tortellini because they were the quickest thing I could make, and added some spinach and chicken. And now I have lunch for tomorrow, too.
What’s on your mind?